Since 1989, Rebecca has been one of the Tampa Bay area’s leading business leaders with the founding of the construction management company, The A.D. Morgan Corporation. As a small business leader, with as many as 50 employees and $75 million in annual revenue, she has proven herself as a demonstrated trailblazer in a field with few women leaders. Rebecca is a class “A” certified general contractor and is a graduate of the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, a Master of Science Degree in Building Construction, and is completing her Doctorate in Business. Since its founding nearly 30 years ago, A. D. Morgan has grossed more than $400 million in revenues.
With her year-over-year success, Rebecca has gained a reputation as a leader in business at both the local and national level. She is not only a recipient of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for the State of Florida, but was honored to be selected to serve as a national judge five years running for the illustrious award. She’s appeared on the CBS This Morning to discuss female entrepreneurs in non-traditional fields and most recently featured with an Executive File in the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
She is equally committed to civic and community projects. When Florida was hit hard by the economic recession, thanks to conservative business practices, she was not only able to keep her staff employed, but allowed them to volunteer with non-profit organizations through the company’s Operation Carpe Diem program. She has also applied her passion for animals by donating services and dollars to the local Humane Society.
Rebecca has lived in Tampa for more than 30 years and as a long-time resident is uniquely qualified to take the District’s message to Tallahassee to ensure that our community remains vibrant for not only the immediate future, but for generations to come.
To download Rebecca’s professional resume, click here.
Rebecca’s other accolades include:
- Ernst & Young’s / Inc. Magazine Entrepreneur of the Year 1998 – Construction Real Estate (Florida)
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year – 1998
- Fastest Growing Company in Tampa Bay 1998 (Tampa Bay Business Journal)
- Received the Outstanding Leadership and Accomplishments in the Field of Entrepreneur Award YWCA - Tribute to Women and Corporations - 1998
- Second Largest Woman-owned Business in Tampa Bay – 1998 (Tampa Bay Business Journal)
- Honored as “the Entrepreneur in Residence” at the University of New Orleans - (Annual Honorarium) – 1998
- Presented with the Girl Scout Council’s “Woman of Distinction” Award – 1997
- Outstanding General Contractor of the Year - 2016 presented by The Tampa Bay American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- ABC Excellence in Construction Award, 2014, 2015
- Awarded 3rd Most Significant Architecture in the Past 100 Years by the State of Florida AIA for the Construction of the Baughman Center, University of Florida
- A winner of the Outstanding Women in Business Award presented by the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Awarded the Executive Woman of the Year 1999 & 2000 – Westshore Business and Professional Women
- Awarded the Executive Woman of the Year 1995 - Carrollwood Business and Professional Women
- 40 Under 40 Award from the Tampa Bay Business Journal – 1999
- Working Woman Magazine Top 500 Woman-owned Businesses– 1999 & 2000
Community & Civic Organization
- Board of Directors Tampa- Hillsborough Chair of the Expressway Authority
- Invited Member of The Committee of 200 - International Executive Business Women’s Organization
- Prison Rehabilitation Industries & Diversified Enterprises (PRIDE) - Governor Appointed Board of Directors, Secretary
- City of Tampa Variance Review Board - Chairman, 1998 - 2004
- Member of Associated Builders and Contractors
- Board of Directors Associated Industry of Florida (A.I.F.) 2011 - 2012
- National Board of Directors of the Better Business Bureau
- Board of Directors for the West Coast Chapter of the Better Business Bureau, Chairman
- Department of Defense (Pentagon, Wash., D.C.) Joint Civilian Orientation Conference Chairman, Group Leader
- Department of Defense Orientation Conference Association (Pentagon, Wash., D.C.) Regional Vice President
- Board of Trustees for “The Spring”, Spouse Abuse Safe Haven Facility / Program
- Member of Tampa Westshore Business Alliance
- Board Member of the Florida Educational Fund
- Governor’s Florida Commission on Minority Economic and Business Development
- Leadership Tampa, Class of 1994
- Leadership Florida, Class XIV
- Governor’s Task Force for Minority Business Certification
- Governor’s Council for Small & Minority Business